Sunday, August 26, 2012

Weekend Wanderings






Hi Cuties,
We spent a quiet weekend in Brooklyn this weekend.  Sleep training is still really just, well, not happening, so every night brings the excitement of endless possibility.  Thursday night Charlie went to bed in his crib around 8 PM and slept through the night, all the way until 6:30.  The mister and I, of course, did not, as we checked on our sleeping baby about a gazillion times.  In retrospect, I can only surmise that Charlie sensed that Friday morning was his six month doctor's appointment, and sought to curtail any talk of sleep training before it even began. And alas, Friday night, Charlie was up at 1 AM and spent the rest of the night in our bed, only to wake up bright-eyed for the day at 4 AM.  4 AM.  So last night, we weren't sure what to expect.  But it was Saturday night, Saturday night and I was determined that we at least have a drink or two and watch a movie after the baby fell asleep.  Of course, since I'd been up since 4AM, come 5PM on Saturday I was pretty tired.  I could see where the night was going and where it was going did not include a movie or a drink, maybe not even dinner.  So as a preemptive measure I treated myself to a nice big glass of coffee.  After that, things started getting back on track.  Charlie went to bed around 8.  We enjoyed a nice dinner, started a movie (Battle Royale, so disturbing, and randomly awesome,)  even had a drink.  We were about halfway through the movie when Charlie woke up for the first time.  I rocked him back to sleep, but to no avail.  Finally the mister went in to give it a go and I waited patiently on the couch to finish the movie.  But the mister was not to return.  After a little while, I ventured to the bedroom only to find both him and Charlie fast asleep on our bed.  So that was that, movie and drinks forgotten. I washed a couple of bottles, shut off the lights, attempted to quietly brush my teeth, and climbed into bed too. Only to stare at the ceiling for a few hours, high on coffee and lingering gruesome images from the movie, thinking about my certain wake up call in just a few hours.  And there you have it.  That is a Saturday night in the household of a six-month old who hasn't been sleep trained (boo, bad parents.)
xo,
C

No comments:

Post a Comment