Thursday, May 17, 2012

Back to Work

flowers for my first day back.  how sweet!
nice to come home to these sleepy dudes at the end of the day.  please ignore all the junk on the kitchen table.  something has to give.  that's what my books tell me.


Hi Cuties,
Today was my first day back at work, and it felt great to be back.  Of course, I missed Charlie horribly but there's something to be said for spending the day with other adults.  What I really wish is that I could be in two places at once.  I do think it was a good decision to ease Charlie into daycare.   His first few days were so hard for me (he seemed fine) and it was especially hard dropping him off on that first morning, so I'm thankful that I didn't have to deal with all those emotions today.  
I felt pretty energetic most of the day, but I am EXHAUSTED right now.  Even though Charlie woke up for the day around 5, it was still a major struggle to get out the door by 8, and the mister barely managed to get dressed and make it out by 9.  I can see how this is going to play out.  Every morning, I'll rush around trying to get stuff done: pick out an outfit, wash bottles, get Charlie's stuff ready for daycare, proclaiming "These are better off as 'night before' activities."  And then at night, I'll feel too tired and assure myself that I'll have time in the morning. After all, I'm waking up at FIVE AM.  That's what's happening right now, in fact, bottles be damned.  
It was noted that today's exuberance may have been a product of "first day of school-itis" so perhaps my dear readers may want to check in on my state of mind again in a week or two.  Until then, I am instead going to chalk it up to my new "no stress/no mess" attitude and bask in this moment of super mom-dem while I have a glass of wine.
xo,
C

No comments:

Post a Comment