Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day

Lyss and I are very lucky to have a great dad.  He's our friend, coach, protector and most definitely the "go-to" guy.  We still joke about calling for our dad when we woke up from bad dreams - always in a weak, pathetic voice (Dadddd, dadddddy....)  Our dad is incredibly, incredibly patient and he's seen us through a lot. Thank goodness, because now that he has five kids, he really doesn't  have a choice but to be patient. He's like a rock, very steady and somebody you can always count on for whatever little curveball life throws you.  I always say my dad is the only person who would/could ever go on The Amazing Race with me.  (On a side note, I keep a running tab of shows I would be absolutely horrible on.  Other highlights include: The Bachelor.  I'd be the girl in the corner eyeing everyone suspiciously.  Road Rules.  I'm not athletic let's just leave it at that.  Oooh, also, Survivor.  I'll stop now.)
When I look at my Dad, I can still imagine exactly what he must have been like as a kid.  I'm convinced that when he was younger he was just like Richie Cunningham on Happy Days.  (he says no, but I know I'm right.)  


In honor of Father's Day, a little journey down memory lane.

me and my Dad on the big day
Lyss and Dad cheering on their favorite team!
Dad and his girls.  Maybe James was taking the pic.
Dad and Lyss at the botanic garden
Dad and I at Niagara Falls.  

No comments:

Post a Comment