Thursday, June 2, 2011

Rainy Days in Montreal

So, while Brooklyn was blasted with sunshine this Memorial Day weekend, some friends and I decided to escape to cloudier skies.  Make sense? No.  Fun despite the abominable gloom? Yes.  Being that we're all running a little low on funds these days, we decided to make it a road trip.  Luckily, I can't drive:)  So that worked out nicely for me.  But still, it's hard to even sleep you're way through a 7 hour car ride.  
View from my window
 On the trip up it was all sunshine till about an hour away from our destination.  Then the clouds rolled in and rain drops cut the heat. Bummer.  Undeterred by this slight complication in weather, we bundled up, waited for the rain to quit and went to an outdoor bar.  The bar was a huge.  It had multiple floors that each had indoor and outdoor bar sections and there was a massive courtyard on the ground floor.  It would have been one of the coolest bars I've ever been to if it weren't for the fact that it was overflowing with highschool kids.  At 23, I've never felt too old for a bar scene.  This was a first.  After a few drinks, and feeling like we had all relived our highschool prom (but in a bar,) we decided to get some rest and save ourselves for a fun filled day of site seeing.


The next day we woke up to...rain.  We got an early start though, had an amazing brunch (which included a gigantic mimosa,) and then headed off to check out the Biodome. 


We all invested in some matching umbrellas

Worlds largest Mimosa

The Biodome surpassed every expectation I had for it (I had no expectations for it whatsoever to be honest....and no, I haven't seen the movie...sorry.)  But, it really was pretty neat.  At least we got to experience some climates that were a little nicer the the rainy one we were actually in.  We also went to the top of the tower to check out a somewhat fogged view of Montreal...

This was only the beginning of my trip.  I have much more to document in Montreal part II but, for now, au revoir!


xx,
Alyssa










No comments:

Post a Comment