Monday, April 4, 2011

My Work Confidante

The best thing about Grace?  She never gossips.

Guys,
This is my barbie, Grace.  She came into my hands in a very professional way, and she sits with me at work all day long on top of my lollipops.  She also keeps me company in case I am ever working late all by my damn self.  I know that some people have issues with Barbies and how they are unrealistic role models for young girls, but I tend to be a bit Barbie-prone and I think it's all cool, right?  I'm sorry, I can't help it.  I played with Barbies growing up and had a ton of clothes (many were hand me downs from various friends and family.)  By the time I was at the age when I was "outgrowing" Barbies, Alyssa was just getting into them, so really there hasn't been a whole lot of downtime for me when it comes to playing with Barbies.  And really, there's nothing wrong with that :/  So, I was more than happy to welcome Grace to my desk with open arms.  She is a Rocawear Barbie, if you were wondering, and she has cute boots and bangs, just like me.  As I am writing this, I am starting to think about where all my old barbies are currently living and it is giving me kind of an uneasy feeling.  I could totally see my dad kicking the barbies to the curb in one of his cleaning/organizing fits (although he did call me up to ask if he could get rid of all my Sweet Valley Twins and Babysitter's Club books. Guess again, Dad!  Sweet Valley High is obviously still adult reading, so he knew better than to even check on that one.)  Note to self:  find old Barbies and play with them.


PS. The empty file holder is not indicative of how much work I do.  I am just living in the digital age!
xo,
C


Check out these other Barbies...so glam!  An inspiration to us all!


Highland Fling Barbie Doll...Hmm, maybe Barbies aren't good role models after all. 

Spotted Shopping Barbie

Red Hot Reviews Barbie ...dang, girl!



No comments:

Post a Comment