Thursday, October 6, 2011

New/Old Lamp


the unsightly plastic bag on the bench is filled with mail for the people who used to live here.  I don't know what to do with it.



Hi Cuties,
Meet our new/old lamp.   This lamp was hanging in my grandparents' house for as long as I can remember, and it brings back so many wonderful childhood memories and mostly just gives me a big feeling of happiness when I look at it.  My grandmother passed away a few years ago, my grandfather a few years before that, and this lamp reminds me of them and their house full of aunts and uncles and cousins more than anything else.  I think you could classify the decorating scheme of my grandparents' house as Americana - they were American, proud of it and not afraid to show it, be it through this lamp or the America-themed (awesome) wallpaper that hung in every room.  It's crazy to have such an iconic piece from their house in my little apartment but it feels great.   We hung the lamp over our new breakfast nook which fits perfectly in our apartment.  We love the whole setup so much that Erik and I have taken to eating dinner at the table each night and discussing our days, just like a real family!


Baby Update:  I seem to have taken on some daily morning sickness as part of my second trimester.  This is not supposed to happen since as we all know the second trimester is "the feeling great and full of energy" trimester. This week is crazy.  What with my delayed due date and morning sickness I think I am having a Benjamin Button pregnancy!  Also, I'm starting to love maternity jeans.  


xo,
C

No comments:

Post a Comment