Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Maternity Coat






So, I got my new winter coat in the mail, finally!  I was getting frustrated with my coat situation, and it was becoming painfully obvious that I wasn't going to make it through the winter without purchasing the dreaded maternity coat.  It is getting cold here and while I can wear all my coats unzipped, my stomach was getting a little chilly.  I do have one coat that actually buttons around my stomach but it is one of those poncho type coats with 3/4 length sleeves so while my stomach stayed warm, my arms were pretty cold.  The day after ordering my coat from asos.com (which certainly wasn't cheap) I suddenly came to the realization that I had been looking for coats in the wrong half of the closet.  Why did I even need to order a coat when the mister has like 6 that I can wear?  All of last week, I was rocking a cute green puffer jacket of his.  I may have looked rather large in it (a girl I worked with randomly asked me if I ever worry that people think I am just fat, and not pregnant, the first day I wore it) but it is so puffy and comfortable that when my real coat came I couldn't bear to take it entirely out of the rotation.  The "real" maternity coat is okay.  It is a little big in the wrong places.  Like perhaps it was made for a taller pregnant model.  The idea behind it is great.  It is supposed to gather above the bump.  I can only imagine this is so people know you are pregnant on the subway which is exactly what I need.  The alternative is to unzip my coat once I'm on the platform and stick my stomach out which is kind of blatant and makes me look like a pandering, pregnant loser.  I think this coat would be adorable if I had gotten a smaller size.  But as it is it took two weeks to get here, so looks like this is my coat!
xo,
C

No comments:

Post a Comment