Monday, January 2, 2012

The Holidays are OVER

Well, cuties, the time has come.  Tomorrow is back to work and I have to be honest, I am nervous!  I left work abruptly two weeks ago after my epic back-to-back nosebleeds and haven't returned since.  A lot has happened since then.


1. I was really moving a mile a minute before this break.  Work was so crazy and busy and is set to pick up right where it left off.  And, while I did accomplish a lot of the things on my personal to-do list these past two weeks, I am definitely moving at a (much) slower pace.  In fact, I have been exhausted and have been taking lots of breaks to rest.  
2.  I think I am HUGE compared to what I was two weeks ago.  I haven't gained that much weight but my stomach is definitely way bigger and I think my face is too.  I think I might even have pregnancy jowls.  (I learned about pregnancy jowls on Tori & Dean this week when Tori's gay best friend told her she was already getting jowls at three months pregnant.  Is that really something your best friend should say to you? Just sayin'...)
3.  I've been feeling just a little bit... emotional... lately.  


I think the next few weeks require some sort of mantra.  Maybe just one teeny resolution, and that is to "stress less".  I think I've been wasting a lot of valuable energy on stress, it's not good for the baby, and let's face it, life is not getting any less stressful any time soon.  Also, nobody cares.  Like, really, nobody ever wants to hear about how stressed out you are.  Like at all. 


Tonight the mister and I are watching the season premiere of The Bachelor!  Thank goodness this show is back to carry me through my final weeks of pregnancy.  These girls are the worst!  But watching this show with the mister is the BEST.  He was so genuinely horrified by the whole limo parade, I had to switch between watching him and the TV because it was so entertaining.


Here are a few final pics from the last few days.   Welcome, 2012!  This should be quite a year!


xo,
C


We made it to the tree again this year!  Thank goodness!  Touristy fun!  NYC at it's finest!

We bought this baby pea coat for the baby.  He is going to be born in the winter so I guess he's going to need a little coat, right?
We spent New Year's with our good friends on Long Island.  Doesn't the mister look so cute and excited for 2012?

Baby has his own hat.  Don't we look like leprechauns?

No comments:

Post a Comment