Thursday, June 21, 2012

Day Dates



Every once in while the mister and I go on lunch dates, don't tell anyone.  We both work in the same neighborhood, and even so, it can be impossible to find a day that works, but sometimes we do, and I highly recommend it.  Especially if you have a little baby at home.  Especially then.  It really only takes 45 minutes and it is so nice to spend some alone time in the middle of the day catching up on things, quite romantic.  I find that I am much more relaxed when I return to work and am generally much more productive for the rest of the day.  For me, day dates only work on a day that does not contain any stressful afternoon meetings.  Days with stressful morning meetings though are perfect.  This week we went to a cute restaurant called Taka Taka.  They have sushi that comes around on a little conveyor belt and also tacos - how amazing.  They also had a killer cocktail list (margaritas and sushi, why not?,) but we didn't partake what with an afternoon of work on the horizon.  I think we are so lucky to work just a few blocks away from each other, so hopefully we can make it at least a monthly tradition, if not weekly!
xo,
C

No comments:

Post a Comment