Sunday, July 22, 2012

Weekend Wanderings


My friend Kirstin's brother just had a baby girl and I couldn't resist picking up these sandal socks.
Baby girl stuff is so cute!


Charlie and I took a two hour nap yesterday afternoon.




Matt was determined to help Charlie take his first steps.




















Hi Cuties,
We had such a nice weekend this weekend.  The three of us went out to Long Island to visit friends.  We stayed with our friends Karen and Matt and our friends Kirstin and Nelson were also visiting all the way from Eugene, Oregon.  We all used to live in NYC together but now we hardly get to see them so it was so nice to spend some quality time together.  Karen and Matt live in the sweetest house in St. James - it is big and airy and is the perfect place for a weekend getaway with friends.  Saturday we barbecued and hung around the house and today we spent the day outside at one of the wineries on Long Island.  It was such a nice day - great baby weather, completely different than last weekend.  Charlie was pretty well behaved, with the exception of sleeping behavior which was eh, not so good (he woke up at 4:30 today.)  This week is week two of Charlie's daycare closure.  I am on Charlie duty through Wednesday and am really hoping that things don't get too crazy at work while I am gone.  Thursday and Friday Erik's sister is coming to help out.  Should be another interesting week!  


Weekend High Points:
1.  Seeing old friends, but of course.  I just can't believe how quickly the weekend went by.
2.  Great weather - it felt amazing to be outside today without worrying that our little babe was getting heat stroke.
3.  Girl time.  Last night the girls and I spent some time catching up and it has been way too long.  The boys crashed a bachelor party at a local bar to give us some time on our own.
4.  Seeing Charlie interact with my friends was so sweet.  They are all so good with him and he was loving the attention.  It is crazy how different things are from a year ago.
5.  Bachelorette season finale, what what?  I'm not sure what the high point of the next two hours is going to be but I'm sure there will be one.  I'll let you know tomorrow.


Weekly Goals:
1.  Confidence.  The last week this little work life balance scenario I've got going on was feeling a little strained.  I'd like to take some of the pressure that I am putting on myself off myself this week and just be confident in my decisions and really just tackle each challenge as it comes, with no second guessing.
2.  On that note, I just want to roll with it this week. I think I need to take a step back and remember that I am stress free now.  Because maybe I am actually kind of backsliding into not being stress free again.
3.  Okay, here's a big one. No spending money.  We really need to save money.  Like really.  So I'm just going to commit to this week.  Just going to commit to being mindful about money this week with no extra expenses (ie no nail polish, no American Apparel binges, no online shopping).


xo,
C

No comments:

Post a Comment